Immortalizing Memories

Monday 11 September 2017

Oh Madrid!



MADRID. At last..

Read my departure post here.

After the painstakingly long journey to Madrid, yours truly finally touched down at the airport.


Waiting for my shuttlebus to come

No time to unpack, yet. Gonna get going!

Took my bus no.115

The sceneries I will pass by everyday to IFEMA

My transport ticket

So how I got familiarised with the metro starts with bumping into a stranger who taught me how to buy the ticket with all the words all in Spanish, then taught me how to take the metro and stopped me from getting into the wrong line. Feeling so lost for the first time and gradually getting a hold of it.

The metro is an underground train. So when you come out from the metro station underground, you'll always be taken surprise by the new world you see...


THE SQUARE OF PUERTA DEL SOL

This is the square where people will come for countdown eating 12 grapes interestingly.

The landmark of Madrid, El Oso y el Madrono, literally the bear and the strawberry tree

Checked!

And come here to step on this. Does that means I will come back again to Madrid? *hmmmm*

Monuments

And the crowd

When you can have a full body picture by yourself, why not?

Love the prism design of the station

The buildings are too cute!

Football crazeee!

On my hunt for food

The buildings that I never get tired of.

Next stop:

MUSEO DEL JAMON

Bumped into a Jamon shop. Basically it's pork ham. Listed it as one of the food that I must try here and...

....if you are on a budget trip, a promo will always surprise you. 1 euro is ain't cheap but I don't know if you can get anything lower than which can fill your tummy.

FYI: 1 euro approx.= RM5


1 euro for 1 phone call
1 euro for weighing your luggage
(cases differ in everyone)

But for a Jamon sandwich, I suppose it's reasonable?

But I tell you this French bread is freaking as hard as a stone 

The jamon hohoho

Talk about traumatic bites..

Went into their McD to see what they have to offer...

Hola McD

Happy meal. Emoticonss!

And you can order using this huge touchpad :)

Out and about...

Getting some of my inspirations from the buildings, people, life, culture...

... and stories we exchanged for my future writing.

CHOCOLATERIA SAN GINES 

That church!

Basically all the alleys here look about the same. And to look for a shop that you already have in your mind with the scant directions you got from the locals and a little from your research, you should still be able to get out from the maze. And here's my haven...

The ultimate....

super uber delicious...

CHURROS! And you'd have to queue up for it!

Chocolateria San Gines Churros is the most famous place to have your churros here. If you have got better places to recommend, ohh well please pm me I would fly there again just to eat it again hah. *okay don't burst my bubble* 

6 churros + damn thick hot chocolate = 4 euros
approx. RM20

RM20 for a cup of heaven with crunchy unicorn horns is worth it.

No?
(Anyways, I got 7 churros. I think everyone gets 7? Ahhh try your luckkkk) 

Hot and crunchyyy churros dipped into the rich chocolate I can't forget it forever. This is true love.

Apparently it's so famous that so many celebrities and renowned people have paid a visit here for their churros

Feeling happy getting fat

Dreamy place

MERCADO DE DAN MIGUEL


Spot the food market

A little gothic in design but it's lovely. So elegant

Tried my paella and tapas here. Photos up later..

Another place checked.



PLAZA MAYOR

Another interesting square here

And I particularly like this façade

The crowd



Some street performers

CALLE DE ALCALA

You can take a metro or a bus to the places around Alcala. But I think I didn't realised I was out of Sol after the walking around there. All the buildings were too beautiful to be missed :)

Engraved words

Any random gate also damn nice

PLAZA DE CIBELES

The Cibeles Plaza

Keep your bag in front, always

PUERTA DE ALCALA

Yeah, this is the landmark we see from FDI :)

FUENTE DE CEBELES


Sun-kissed 

And spotted more cool buildings...


Or gates....


PRADO MUSEUM

If you enjoy history and art, here's the place for you.

The church near it immediately caught my attention. Looked at it with awe..

I like this

Redeemed my evening free ticket

Going in!

You are not allowed to bring your bag inside so they will keep it in a room for you


SAN JERONIMO EL REAL



The colour-stained glass



On the way back...




Banco de Espana




That's the end of part one. 

it's still impossible for me to write every single event that has happened at this blog. There are too many details that I fail to provide here as I can't afford to write all here, yet. 

But still.. Thanks for reading! I will try to include more when I can afford more time to share my stories with you :)

Thanks for reading and..

Stay tuned!

xx


2 comments: