Immortalizing Memories

Saturday 16 September 2017

Madrid: Of Palace and Parks

Madrid Day 2

Read my previous post here:
DEPARTURE- here
PUERTA DE SOL- here

Rise and Shine. Since the metro station near my place is under maintenence, I had to take a bus to the next nearest metro station from there.

I will walk pass this nature pathway to the bus stop everyday.

Love how the cool breeze pressed on my cheeks. The air is clean, and people like to walk their dogs here. And ocassionally, if you are lucky enough you will spot hotties jogging by.. (hah, okay.. forget what I say), anyway...

The first itinerary place to visit of the day was;


1. ESTADIO SANTIAGO BERNABEU

I think I will just call it the Real Madrid Stadium.


Look at the line for the ticket! To be honest, I don't know much about football but it's still worth a visit. If I have enough time, I would definitely have watch a game or two :P

The line for the ticket! And mind you, it's still early in the morning.



Just dropped by to look around. (The tour I followed was the next day)

And I think I forgot what happened in between. But that's not important.

So after that, yours truly decided to drop by Opera station to find the Royal Palace of Madrid. At here, the basic necessity to survive here might be..

a map.

Sometimes the map might fail you too. You need some good data connection. But sometimes your data connection might fail you too. Then you have your last resort; approaching the locals. But when you and the locals have no common language...

you learn to communicate with people without a language.

Wandering around the uber gorgeous place. The perk of travelling solo is that you get to walk around at your own rhythm/pace.

I think I got lost in this city for countless times already, but to find more new places to be discovered. Perhaps, that's the perk of getting lost..

2. TEATRO REAL



No matter how, you will always get to the place you want to go eventually. So I finally arrived at the Royal Palace with this glooming weather..


TIPS: Do take the weather forecast into account for your trip so you know what to anticipate for.
The Basics:
- a pair of sunnies
- sunscreen
-umbrella/raincoat

3. ROYAL PALACE OF MADRID

The garden is really pretty. (Actually I don't know what is not pretty here in Madrid)

The fountain in front of the palace

King Philip IV

Macam yes #1

The garden with queer bushes so chioo

Statues you get to see along the garden

The uber cool monument

The sophisticated palace too prettyyy




Me posing with the palace in the rain, with a police car moving behind

And the rain started to get heavier and heavier. People were seeking for something above their head.

And I think if you have some extra euros, you should pay a visit to the interior of the palace. I bet it will be amazing. Here's again another line.


The queue after the rain. I hope I could visit tooo

.....................................................................

And here's to my favourite, perhaps the pièce de résistance of the day. (But the Retiro Park is pretty cool too. I have dilemma deciding which is better.):

Introducing...

4. CATEDRAL DE LA ALMUDENA

Next to the palace is a huge magnificent cathedral. Can't describe the feeling of how I got myself staring at it with awe for long. There are too many details on it to study for.


Catedral de la Almudena

The rain was intermittent. Ocassionally, it drizzles. And sometimes, it gets SIBEH heavy until my umbrella became of a little use and I still get soaked.

On the bright side I think the weather actually makes the photographs better. The brightness and hues are just right. *This is photoshop-free*

How to not fall in love with this~



The glistening floor



I'm here, can you see me? 


5. CALLE DE BAILEN

And the streets that I took:



A lovely church



And I seeked shelter at this church from the heavy rain

And I was really intrigued by this interior



So the rain wasn't really a bummer after all. I love it..




The alley I didn't get to do a handstand



6. MERCADO DE SAN MIGUEL

After wandering and getting lost around the royal palace, came back to the center to look for food again. When the weather is chilly and you have did too much of walking, eating 3 times a day isn't enough *ahhh good excuse to binge again*

So I arrived at Mercado de San Miguel again for my food hunt.



Paella is a Valencian rice dish. Here's my first Meat Paella in Spain for 4 euro. The portion is pretty small and I actually prefer seafood paella more.

Codfish with honey and mustard tapa. Tapas basically means snacks in Spain.
1 euro and I love it!





7. PLAZA DE LA VILLA

Plaza de la Villa

Lingered for quite long at Opera and had immersed myself here too much with the beautiful palace and cathedral. Moving on to my next itinerary...

8. RETIRO PARK

Took the metro to Retiro Park. And mind you, it's so FREAKING huge. But, totally worth a visit..
Retiro Park. You can dedicate a day here to finish the whole park.

The famous landmark of the park



The quiet labyrinth-like park 




I shall start letting the pictures to do the talking...
Jardin del Parterre

What a strange-looking tree






Chasing the ducklings

Intermittent rain. This is the transition of no rain and drizzle mode.

 And the sibehh heavy and merciless rain my umbrella almost flew away
9. EL PALACIO DE CRISTAL

The crystal palace







The sky looked akin it's going to fall.

On the way back...




I was completely drenched. Nonetheless, I still gotta move on to my next destination.

10. GRAN VIA





Picture, anybody?





- end -

Hope you enjoyed anddddd...

Stay tuned again! ;))

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment