Immortalizing Memories

Saturday 21 July 2018

So I crossed the road successfully

*photo taken in Panganlengan, July 2018

Having to cross the crazy road in Bandung everyday is just nearly inevitable, especially when your made mode of transport are your legs! 

I remember, getting stuck by the roadside because the traffic was too hectic and nobody was giving ways. I guess the drivers were oblivious to anything by the roadside except for the road in front of them. I stood there, never letting my slightest attention in milliseconds to escape so that I will be able to cross the road whenever I could. 

Just then, I noticed a granny who was also just as helpless as me; the traffic was crazy and it was impossible to even make a step. I looked at her and she looked back at me the same way. It's telepathy I guess; we felt equally miserable. If I'm trice as young as her but already had a difficult time to cross the road, it would even make her more impossible to do it. I heaved a heavy sigh from the sight of the terrible traffic, then I turned to her to ask if she would want me to help her across. 

Instantly without hesitation she nodded profusely and exclaimed,"Ya neng!" (Yes, little girl) *eventhough I'm not so little anymore but anyways*, she grabbed my arms so tightly as if if there's an incoming car toward us I would be able to shield her. Funny thing was, when I started to cross the road (coz I couldn't care less anymore I can't be standing there forever) the cars slowed down, rendering the road in front of us to be cleared. 

It seems, it all happened because I had a granny by my side! We crossed the road successfully, then the granny make a smooth entrance into the angkot (aka the doorless public transport) and thanked me while it moves. It's nothing but sometimes when these memories are revoked, I still have to laugh it off again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment