Immortalizing Memories

Friday 26 January 2018

A snippet of my writing

It's been my habit to make use of my own experience or even the other's to write a story. I have snippets of my own fictional stories, but never linked yet since I still have work to do for the moment. But for me, inspirations have always been my food. I have always dreamt of being an author someday but writing as a hobby soothes me well enough too. Well, I will leave the rest to destiny.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1.

I saw a figure holding a glass of water, turning behind to face me. Creases were prominent at the corner of his eyes and forehead. He was pale, bald with only a few thin short strands of hair. He was hunched with an agony-stricken facial appearance. Abruptly, even if he has changed tremendously, I could recognised him in an instant. Looking into his eyes, I noticed the cloudiness of his lens. His lips opened into a grin that was almost toothless. "My thrombocytes have increased!", he exclaimed.

I woke up. Hot tears flowed. They say every dream lasts only about 7 seconds. There were more before the last 7 seconds, but I could only recall the last one. When was the last time that I had teared? It wasn't out of fear definitely.

It was just the second week since he was gone. Blood reports were still stacking on top of the textbooks. Researches were done not as requirement but a necessity. Friday nights people would have gone partying, but that was neither what I'd craved for. I knew more about his condition than what I should know for my upcoming exam to every last gram per decilitre. And every few days I would get a new report of a drastic drop of haemoglobins. One night, looking up to Little and Falace's, I scanned across his condition to see: Life expectancy: 2 years.

Anger surged up in my vessels. Why hadn't things gone better? I was in denial.

If he'd listen. If he'd followed. If he'd, he'd..

Perhaps, the stubbornness flow in our blood. I would admit that we are just as equally stubborn. And for me, I would give it all to something that I would achieve, no matter what.

The phone illuminated in the dark.

"Andrea.

Text back.

- Samuel".

He was always there. Even though miles apart, we were still great friends. I could still remember crying for losing a thing in school and he would always be the one there to accompany and make up really silly jokes to make me laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

That's not the end yet! Still brushing up on my writing skill but not anytime soon. Perhappss after I'm done with my work first. Anyhow, I really do hope you enjoyed reading my trial writing! :)

Thanks for reading!

XOXO and lot's of love,

Suuuu.





No comments:

Post a Comment