Immortalizing Memories

Friday 8 May 2015

Lembang

It has been long since I last blog about travelling and here I am again, but this time I shall be blogging on my recent trip to Lembang with ze peers again.

We departed from our hostel at 3 am and stopped by McD for breakfast at 4 am (sounds more like a supper isn't it?). I had a chicken burger and a bottle of water and it cost me around 22k. After that, we resume back our journey around 4.30 am + straight to Tangkuban Perahu, which is our first destination.

*Photos marked with "#" are taken by my friend Loh. The rest are taken with my mobile phone.

Sooo, here we go!

Destination No.1: Tangkuban Perahu

# Beautiful sun rise at Tangkuban Perahu's main entrance


Loving the hue of the sky with the tree silhouettes.

We reached the entrance at about 5.30 am. And since we departed early, we were the first car to reach the entrance. Just after a while, a few more cars start to lengthen the queue. The weather up here near the peak is superb. I had no apps for the temperature but I was guessing the air to be around 16-18°C in the early morning so it's really coldddd till I needa tuck my hands into the pocket all time and thank goodness I wasn't wearing shorts D:

While waiting the gate to open, we loitered around the compound, taking silly pictures together (and also scenic pictures) there. The gate opens at 7 am. For locals, you will be charged 30k per head and 300k for foreigners iknowit'scrazybutwhattodo. And your car will be charged extra as well depending on the type of vehicle you drive. In fact, you can also cycle there ohhwellifyouwantto. But even your bicycle wouldn't be spared from the charges as well it seems :S Hmmm...


Cobwebs glistening under the beautiful sunshineee ;)

So yeah. We got up the hill with our windows winded down. The air is so freshhhhhh except it smells like rotten egg orrr *insert any suitable adjective to describe the smell of sulphur*. Yeahh. I'm thinking this place should be free from snakes! *Thanks to my chemistry teacher for telling us about it long time ago* :P

# Gradients from the distant mountain viewed from Tangkuban Perahu.

# The crater of Tangkuban Perahu.

A sign by the side of the walk. You can always wear a mask if you find the smell disturbing :)

The flora species that can be spotted here. 

If you haven't visited any volcano place before, perhaps you can consider paying a visit here. During our visit, we didn't get to see any turquoise coloured lake in the crater as seen from travel magazines and websites, much to my disappointment. So bringing up these expectations with me up the hill, the crater looks so dull and bald. But oh wells, there are still chances to visit other places again for it especially at Kawah Putih!

This is my first ever time to visit a volcano so my bucket list is checked! :) But of course if I'm granted the chance to visit more volcanoes, I would be glad to go for them again!

After lingering around there and taking some photographs, we decided to depart to our next destination:

Destination No.2: Bandung Tree Top

I wouldn't deny that the price that you have to pay is kinda pricey, which is 180k for each pax (adult). And they actually limit you to play within 2 and a half hour (which I think it's much more worth it to play these activities in Escape Park of Penang, Malaysia with no time limit). But, BUT.. if you are daring to challenge their hardest level (black circuit), then I highly recommend you to come here and take the challenge. I didn't finish this particular circuit as I have played 2 circuits before coming to this one. If you have decided to come for the black one, I suggest you to do the black circuit first so that you will have plenty of energy to complete this circuit. For the circuit routes, you can view it [here].

If you plan to come here, remember to bring along your sports attire and shoes. Just dress comfortably. For specs-wearers, I advise you to wear your contacts if you don't wanna risk your glasses's life to the middle of the forest. It would be better if you could bring your own gloves too so as to avoid injuries to your hands. *although I failed them coz we had spontaneous plan so preparations weren't made xD*

The kids' zone. As you can see, the platforms are much more lower compared to the higher circuits.


Ohhhyeaa here we go!

A sneak peek halfway through of the circuit.

And the flying fox wheeeeeee :3

The one in red actually supervises us bahaha.

The sign to worship for xD

Don't you just want to hum "Escape"? It's so natureee up here!

After this, we headed to our villa to get ourselves settled down. Be informed that the roads there are super jam omg I think I can reach the villa by walking/rolling instead of being trapped in the car and having butt cramps in the traffic. I somehow dreamt of having a circuit to swing in a flying fox to the villa and save me from the horrific jam and buttock cramps.. *hahhanoooooopleasedon'tburstmydreamingbubbleeee*


Our villa to the left with a 'baso' man.

So, we survived the insane jam. We settled down and started cooking. Until the next day...

Destination No.3: Dusun Bambu

On the next day, before we check out from our villa we had our breakfast at the cafeteria in the villa. It's buffet style and I had some miserably-thin chicken with potatoes, porridge garnished with peanuts (ummm my fav!), 2 slices of hard boiled egg (my fav again) and plenty of tempe (my super fav also). If I've to name one food that I wouldn't get sick and tired of in Indonesia, I would definitely opt for tempe hahahah ohh wellss anywayyyyy..

The cafeteria of our villa.

SO CUTE RIGHT AHHHHHH it's just like those leaves from the fairytaless :P

Stomach satisfied. So again we embarked our journey to Dusun Bambu. I started to get sick of having to pay for all entrance fee =_= We parked our car at some crappy place and waited in a tent for our turn to take our ride in the funny pinata-looking van.

The ticket to Dusun Bambu.

The unavoidable crowd and the van.

Here's your ride-able pinata car.

When we have reached the main place at Dusun Bambu, we strolled along there, taking pictures, eating popsicles and loitered in the souvenir shop. Nothing much here. It's actually a family leisure park here where you can bring your kids for bicycle riding, photography-sessions and doing some activities like archery, gun-shooting and etc. Except if you are rotting in your hostel, got too much of money and time but got nothing to do, then here's a nice place for a picnic. 

Pasar Khatulistiwa. Lotsa food sold here look good but I never try em.


Lil rattan-covered room for dining. And mind you, you neeeda spend a min of a certain amount to be able to dine inside. 

I find this place in the advertisement more pleasing than the actual one LOL *obviouslyy*

Fancy a boat ride with your loved one? Just show flash your $$$$ xD

We spent quite some time here at Dusun Bambu. So it was afternoon already when we decided to leave this place. Again, we were merged back into the horrible jam on the road. The motion of the car along the uneven road rocked us all to sleep and before I even realised, the sky was already casted and was starting to drizzle. Sooner and later, a lil thunder and lightning came.


Destination No.4: Sari Ater Hot Spring

After reaching the parking lot, all of us packed the needed stuffs down under the pouring rain. After we reached the fare booth, we were contemplating again whether or not to go for the hot spring in the rain and of course, in the end I was glad that we went for it.

In sari ater, they have so many types of activities available and one of it is flying fox again.

As we didn't had much time left before we gotta return back before the sky turns dark (since it's not so safe to drive at night), we waste no time and pay for another entrance ticket to come to this pool-like hot spring. Sooo there you go.. $$$... :/

The water temperature was around 40°C, around 140 cm high if I'm not mistaken. There are shallower areas available too apparently. We soaked for an hour plus minus and when I came out from the pool, my head was flushed red from the heat from the pool. Despite that, I personally think that this place is somewhere worth going for. Of course there are better places but this placeis stilll.. not bad.

The pool that we soaked inside. Immediately I imagined myself as a snow monkey immersing in the hot sauna comfortablyyy :3

Just a short post on this short trip. Hope you readers enjoy reading it! :)

Till then, xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment